From September 1st 2017 to September 1st 2018, contributions reached to 3.5 million euros. Open Arms has total economic independence thanks to all the small contributions from private individuals.
Of the total funding we received, 90% came from the private donations of more than 51,000 people who helped us with small contributions, ensuring the organization’s economic independence.The remaining 10% comes from official organizations and local administrations.
Private funds Public funds
From September 1st 2017 to September 1st 2018, the direct costs of our missions came to 3.2 million euros.
Of the total costs, 95,5% went towards direct action for the Mediterranean mission. In terms of structure, 4% of expenses were spent, including communication costs. The remaining 0,5% went to the Origin mission.
Origin mission Mediterranean mission Administration and fund raising costs